Thursday, January 27, 2011

SNOW DAY



The snow car that Kajsia requested! Good thing dad was home today. The only request he couldn't fulfill is that she wanted it to be red. Not to shabby, dad.


Today we woke up with a hefty blanket of 15 inches of soft, fluffy snow. It was a special treat for the kids to walk in and see dad sleeping! It's only the 7th time since 1974 that NYC public schools were closed. Thank you Mayor Bloomberg for getting it right this time. It took us about 45 minutes to get bundled with our snowsuits and walked out to the street (we couldn't get to the back patio b/c there was so much snow).


Brannick takes his first bite of snow
Kajsia grabs her large snowball to taste! Then throws it!
In awe of all the piles of snow and mom's not saying NO!

After a face plant to eat more snow, he came up with snow in his nose!
Attempts at his first snow angel!

Watching as her dad digs out her snow car by hand.

The top view of the car, with two rows carved out.
I pimped my ride!
The ice cave of 117th!

Getting cold and ready for lunch. Sad it has to end!

We have the greatest, most creative and hard working dad! Some kids get a measly snowman, but we got an ice cave and a snow car. How lucky are we? Every person that walked by was amazed at your skills. I think even a bit jealous that we were having so much fun! We love you and we're so glad you got to stay home with us today.




With the new year, a new computer and a renewed promise of keeping a log for my family I decided it's time to re-commit to the blog. Here's to hoping I'll be better than I have been in the past!

1 comment:

  1. I will be watching you and seeing if you keep your promise...by the way, watch my blog for a post on our measly snowman with a pretzel face. It's the epitome of me being a lazy mom who forgot gloves.

    ReplyDelete