Friday, September 11, 2009

Boston over Labor Day weekend

All in the name of fashion... what have you done? I'll admit I even made my own daughter wear shoes to small... check out the toes that curl over the top! Dang it she's so darling, I couldn't help myself! The shoes were bought specifically for this outfit. (How many times have I said that?) The same outfit that she was photographed in by a number of Asian tourists who thought she looked like a doll! I'm proud to note... they have officially been retired to the storage bin.
Walking off the 20 minute wait for breakfast at Charlie's... unbelievable Raspberry pancakes!

Nana finally found a perfect perch for Kajsia! Just her size and she's loving it.



Glad to be done with the Freedom Trail tour, this was the last stop... Fanueil Hall. Look at the relief, no more stroller, no more ergo, no more shhh'ing.




This is one of my most prized photos... nana and Kajsia are in the moment and loving it!



One of the signers of the Declaration of Independence... he was pretty great! In fact the lady said he was also a dentist. After 9 months of British Occupation, they went to Bunker Hill to retrieve the bodies left to give them a proper "Christian" burial. One of his best friends (I can't remember his name) was on that hill. He identified him by opening his jaw and recognizing the dentistry work he had done. He kept immaculate files of all the dentistry work he did and with his files they were able to identify most of the bodies on the hill. WHO KNEW?





The "Shaw" memorial to the first man to command the all African American Army... so impressive and moving! The used over 150 African American models to sculpt each face individually. It truly is breathtaking!





Mom was so excited to get on this tour and walk, she left us in the dust. We had to call her name 50 times before she finally turned around. What good is a picture if there isn't someone you know in it! This is the old State Capitol building.







Kajsia on her way to the Parker House








My parents flew into Boston for a couple of days and we were able to do the Freedom Trail tour, play in Faneuil Hall, eat at Charlie's for breakfast and the Atlantic Fish Co for dinner. Had Boston Cream Pie and the famous Parker House Rolls at the Parker house (not so great since they were warmed in the microwave!). Went to room 303, that they bricked over because it was so haunted. When we got off, we rounded the corner to the room. On the tour they told us many people who had stayed in that room never got a full nights sleep. A long time ago a murder/suicide happened and it's been haunted since. They turned it into a janitor's closet only to have one of them locked in and later found dead. So I go full steam ahead to this room 303 that they've now bricked... around the corner and to my terror I jumped and screamed inside. Out of my vision a poor hispanic cleaning lady about 4 feet tall bumped right into me. My parents and Tage got the biggest kick as I tried to act non-chalant when I jumped 5 feet and pee'd myself! We'll be laughing for years about that! Then to the 10th floor to the mirror where Charles Dickens stood recited his poetry and stories to himself.
Later in NYC, we ate at Norma's with Cousin Stacy. Walked thru Central Park, tried out the new pinkberry blends of passionfruit and coconut, then went to the Yankees game. Of course they won... 9-1! A real good whippin' for my pops to see! What else could we fit in 3 days, not much... other than the fact that we never seemed to stop eating!


We had a great time and as you can see, so did Kajsia! The morning they left she woke up and said, "Nana, Papa" and looked all over the house for them. We miss you already!




































Thanks mom and dad for such a great time and for flying out to be with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment